Thursday, February 07, 2013

A YEAR IN REVIEW PART II, OR FINALLY I MADE THE LIST


Just like last year and before, I try to make my own list of my favorite movie of the year. As always I did not watch 400 movies a year, not even close to 100. I know there might be some precious jewel out there which I haven't seen at all and perhaps should be on the list, but here are the movies I really like in 2012, not in chronological order. I actually did enjoy 21 Jump Street but haven't got the time to review it.

Personally I am against scoring or star system in judging movies. Does three star for Conan the Barbarian is the same as three star in Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days? I believe art is a fluid form and should not be reduced into numbers. So without further ado, here are my list. I did not write the movie title, but just a sentence that describe the movie, together with the link into my own review. Live long and prosper!



The one with cult leader gone mad

The one about fighting against oppression

The chatty spaghetti western homage

The one about finding each other in this cruel world


The one about family and natural disaster

The one with THE TRUE LOVE OF ALL

The one with deep moral consequence

The one about love too


The one that looks like a C-SPAN period drama

The complicated one with amazing music score

The one about teen life in the 90s

The one most likely to win this year's Best Picture at the Oscar

The one about stranded alone in the sea and ponders about life in 3D


The one with so many psychopaths

The one with two buddy cops, found footage style


The neo-realist one from Riri Riza

The most successful spy movie, financially

The dysfunctional scouts of Wes Anderson

The one with the time travel

The hilarious teddy bear

The one asking about the origin of our life

The one with guilty pleasure

No comments: